The Magic of the Cities.

Zen promotes the rediscovery of the obvious, which is so often lost in its familiarity and simplicity. It sees the miraculous in the common and magic in our everyday surroundings. When we are not rushed, and our minds are unclouded by conceptualizations, a veil will sometimes drop, introducing the viewer to a world unseen since childhood. ~ John Greer

Monday, September 13, 2010

Art Lesson



Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do.  ~Edgar Degas

It is a mistake for a sculptor or a painter to speak or write very often about his job.  It releases tension needed for his work.  ~Henry Moore

An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them.  ~Andy Warhol

The world today doesn't make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do?  ~Pablo Picasso

Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.  ~Pablo Picasso

A man paints with his brains and not with his hands.  ~Michelangelo

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.  ~Leonardo da Vinci

I don't paint things.  I only paint the difference between things.  ~Henri Matisse

The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.  ~Aristotle

The artist's world is limitless.  It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away.  It is always on his doorstep.  ~Paul Strand

music+image

Thanks for visiting, please be sure that I read each and every one of your kind comments and I appreciate them all. / Gracias por su visita. 

11 comments:

Kate said...

The quotes that you added to the photo are an art lesson in themselves. I like all of them but Picasso's makes so much sense! I wish I was in México again so I could pester you for a few photo art lessons. Love your work, but I think you know that already!

brattcat said...

Beautiful musings on art both in text and in image.

Anonymous said...

Kate's words are mine - now I don't need using dictionary and Google translations telling... it would have taking lots of time :(
Great photo and text :-D

Carolyn Ford said...

I love the black and white on this image! It's such a natural scene with such nice composition.

joo said...

Beautiful post - text and the photo are both great!

irinapictures said...

Never heard Bjorks' "So broken". I missed so much.
Thank you for Picasso's quotes. He is my favorite. No other has such level of inner freedom, I think.
And thank you for your art.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

A perfect place for artists. The fountains are cool and calming.

T. Becque said...

An artist photographing other artists. Really a beautiful image.

Pat said...

Quotes that enhance an already beautiful photo....

Ventana Infinita said...

Gran trabajo,buena foto, buenas citas, buen artista...

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS,WORSHIP!